Saturday, March 15, 2014

Where do I begin?

I love Pittsburgh. Everyone who knows me knows this about me. I've lived here all of my life. I grew up on the North Side until I was about thirteen-years-old and then my family moved just a little bit farther north to the suburbs.

After I went to college and saw all of my classmates talking about the different places they wanted to go, or the different cities they wanted to move to, I realized I will never leave Pittsburgh. I know to some twenty-something year olds that seems absolutely ridiculous. However, I couldn't and wouldn't. Pittsburgh is me. Pittsburgh is my family. Pittsburgh is my forever home. I love everything about it.

I'm diehard in all Pittsburgh things, especially the Steelers (still weeping over last year's season). I love a good Primanti's sandwich, South Side on the weekends with my friends, Market Square during the work week and Heinz ketchup on just about everything...except eggs, that grosses me out.

I love that I can drive to every family members' house, at any given time, because we all live within a five mile radius of each other. I love the community. I love the history. I love the art. I love the skyline. I love the character of this city. But mostly I love the genuine, friendly, hardworking people.

This is my little corner of the internet to talk about my life and this wonderful city.


No comments:

Post a Comment